FAQ's for Nytol® Extra Strength
How quickly does the product work?
It should take about 20-30 minutes and at most 60 minutes before you start to feel drowsy.
How do I take the product?
Take the caplets or tablets with water.
When should I take Nytol®?
Nytol® should be taken with a glass of water about 30 minutes before bedtime.
How does the product work?
Diphenhydramine is actually an antihistamine that causes drowsiness by temporarily blocking histamine action.
Where can I buy Nytol®?
You will find Nytol® in most major pharmacies and drug-stores in Canada (see store listings). Please speak with your pharmacist or store manager if you can't find Nytol® on the shelf.
How do I dispose of the product/packaging?
To dispose of unused product please contact the Waste Disposal group of your city or local council. Recycle the empty bottle with your other household plastics. Dispose of the carton in your cardboard/paper recycling.
How should the product be stored?
Nytol® should be stored at room temperature, well out of the reach of children.
Is Nytol® Lactose or Gluten Free?Nytol® Quick Gel is lactose free. Although gluten is not added to the products, Nytol® products are not certified as gluten free.
What is Nytol® used for?
Nytol® is for the relief of occasional nighttime sleeplessness when difficulty in falling asleep is due to fatigue, over-work or tiredness is particularly bothersome.
Who can use Nytol®?
Nytol® is recommended for adults only and should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
Who should not use Nytol®?
- Do not use Nytol® if you are consuming alcohol.
- Do not use Nytol® if you are presently taking prescription drugs or other medication or if you have a serious medical condition without first speaking with your physician or pharmacist.
- Nytol® should not be used if your are pregnant or are nursing.
- Nytol® with diphenhydramine should not be taken by elderly persons who experience nighttime confusion. These drugs may cause excitation and not sedation in the elderly and should be avoided by this age group.
- Nytol® should not taken if you suffer from any of the following conditions: asthmatic attack, glaucoma, chronic lung disease, difficulty urinating due to enlargement of the prostate gland, or an allergy to any of the ingredients.
- Nytol® should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
What should I do in case of accidental overdose?
There is no specific therapy for diphenhydramine overdose. Keep the patient calm and consult the Poison Control Centre and your physician immediately.
Is Nytol® recommended by healthcare practitioners?
Nytol® is the #1 Pharmacist recommended sleep aid in Canada.
Who do I contact for more information?
For further inquirie please contact: 1-800-250-8866